Who We Are
Well, the best way to describe who we are is to tell you what we’ve been saying for quite some time now. We’re “three heads, all working our tails off for you.”
“Three heads” refer to us, the owners, here at Brillo Home Improvements. And the rest, well, it shows how dedicated we are to making sure that you walk away a satisfied Brillo client.
Brillo Home Improvements began in 1977, but little did we know, the friendships that were forged between the three of us, dating all the way back to the 3rd Grade, would lead to a perennial NARI-award winning home improvement firm.
Through the years we’ve accumulated our fair share of awards for our work on kitchens, baths, lower levels, additions, commercial remodeling…and the list continues to grow. We’re proud of that, because it shows that not only our clients are happy, but also that our work is respected by our peers.
Here at Brillo, we take a pretty down to earth approach to help you through every step of your particular home improvement project – from design to completion. And when you meet with us to get your project underway, you’re going to find that we do care, we want your job done right, and we want you to be so satisfied that you’re more than happy to tell others about your experience in working with us.
So when you’re ready, we’ll be here to help, to transform your home improvement dreams – into reality.
Bob, Mike & Guy
[click to view bios]
- Bob Quigley, Owner & Sales
Certified Remodeler & Universal Design Certified Professional
- Bob, the founding owner, is a Certified Remodeler as well as a Universal Design Certified Remodeler. He started Brillo as a small roofing company at the age of 19 and is still best friends with his business partners. Bob enjoys meeting new people and strives to make the remodeling process enjoyable and easy. He values spending time with his family and his hobbies include travel, fishing and Packer games.
- Mike Bovee, Owner & Production Manager
- Mike, one of the founding owners, is a Certified Remodeler. His responsibilities include purchasing, scheduling and managing the crews. One of the most rewarding things for him is to hear positive feedback from clients regarding the good job our carpenters are doing. He and his wife enjoy the outdoors and spending time at their cabin up north.
- Guy Lipovsek, Owner & Sales
Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler
Universal Design Certified Professional
- Guy, one of the founding owners, is a Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler as well as a Universal Design Certified Remodeler. Guy describes himself as a "cut-to-the-chase" kind of person and enjoys seeing our client's fears, concerns and pains being relieved by our award winning production and design team. Outside of work, Guy likes spending time with his family and racing motorcycles with his son.
- Maggie Uravich, Business Administrator
- Maggie began working in office environments when she was a teenager and has experience in several different industries. She believes that a good business administrator is the backbone of a business and takes great pride in making sure that the company runs smoothly and efficiently. Maggie enjoys spending time with her husband and kids, cooking and reading. She also volunteers for several community organizations and serves on several committees.
- Melissa Bovee, Interior Designer
Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler
- Melissa joined the Brillo team, as Interior Designer, in 2006. In 2010 she achieved her Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler certificate. Her creativity and product knowledge bring a fresh perspective to projects. She enjoys getting to know her clients and finding out exactly what their wants and needs are. She says, "Sometimes people know what they like; they just need a little help putting the pieces together." Melissa enjoys getting away for weekends up north with friends and family.
- Mike J. Bovee, Lead Carpenter
Certified Lead Carpenter
- Mike grew up around construction and joined his dad in the remodeling business in 1999. He became a Certified Lead Carpenter in 2007. He most enjoys being able to see progress made and watching a project take shape before his eyes. Sports are a big part of Mikes life; he is an avid Packers, Brewers and Badgers fan. He also enjoys riding motorcycles and &spending time up north with friends and family.
- Paul Hurst, Lead Carpenter
- Paul joined Brillo in 2008 and has previously worked in the construction industry. As a carpenter's assistant, Paul enjoys working with his peers and finds it rewarding to be a part of creating what the customer envisioned. In his spare time he likes playing football, camping and enjoys attending Brewer games.
- Jim Zaja, Lead Carpenter
Certified Lead Carpenter
- Jim began his employment with Brillo in early 2011. He likes to see the overall transformation, from old to new. Being in the construction field for sixteen years, Jim likes to share his knowledge with both employees and homeowners. Jim is an avid hunter and fisherman. He also coaches girl's fast pitch softball and enjoys spending time with family.
- Pat Bovee, Carpenter
- Pat is the third Bovee family member to begin his employment with Brillo. He enjoys learning new skills and says that when a finished project comes together it makes all of the hard work worth it. Outside of work, Pat likes to relax with his girlfriend and her son, play catch at the park and watch and participate in sports.
- Juel Scherf, Architectural Design & Sales Associate
- Juel graduated with a degree in Architectural Drafting and Design. Seeing projects go from start to finish and knowing that they turned out just as the homeowners dreamed they would, makes her job rewarding. Juel enjoys camping, being on the lake, canoeing, fishing, and boating. She has been the captain of team Marquette Fanatics for the Multiple Sclerosis 150-mile bicycle ride since 2006.
- Rick Wendt, Sales Associate
- Rick has over 15 years of remodeling experience in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area. He spent many years working with customers on the design of their projects, product selections, and budgets. He is also experienced with project management and ensuring the projects are done in time. Rick's goal is to make sure that what he discusses with clients, designs, and proposes becomes a reality and is enjoyed in the end. Rick believes that business is built on customer satisfaction and referrals within the community.